sábado, 9 de mayo de 2009

I Don´t Regret Yesterday

I´ve heard that the night is pure magic, and that a goblin invites you to a dreamworld.

A creature beyond good and evil. Maybe it´s the spirit of the great loners. The spirit of the Allan Poes, the Van Goghs, the Sabatos, the Travis Bickles... It´s an entity I haven´t met nor seen yet. But it´s there. I can sense it. I know it is by my side when I fall asleep. I know he runs away from those beasts of cement, glass, and metal that stand out there, and comes to seek shelter by my side. Those beasts that watch every single step you take inside their territory. Those beasts that transform you. You stop contemplating, and start being contemplated. They are jealous and they are spiteful. And they are magnificent and they are terrible. Maybe the goblin feeds from them. Little by little. Just like a parasite, he goes deep inside the guts of each beast and starts eating their insides.

Yes. The goblin does not run from them. It uses them.

The goblin, a noble loner, gives me company when the dusk starts its round. It leaves me alone, wandering, rambling, and fighting throughout the day. And then, when night falls, it is all magic. And the goblin really invites me to dream.

And the next day the wanderings, the ramblings, and the fighting come back. Again, you are being observed by the beasts of cement, glass, and metal. You give them the chance to feel they rule everything. You realize, in that moment, that someone´s on your side.

And internally, you start smiling. And the green lights are all on. And the best jam for that specific moment of your day, starts playing. And the goblin, alone, works in your favor. And you´ve got the memory of last night´s dreams as undeniable evidence.

And you feel so strong that you think nothing can touch you.

_______________________________________________________________

Actual date of composition: Thursdat April 30 2009
10:50PM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario